Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peeps Challenge ! ! ! ! ! !

It's that time of year again!

Chris Beck
Jelaine Faunce
and I had so much fun last year creating paintings with these cute little marshmallow treats that we just had to do it again. :0)

Enjoy our Peep Paintings and don't forget to check out their blogs to get the story behind their paintings!



"Bunz" by Pablo, 8"x10" watercolor

This year, my peeps are ready for a hostile Easter take over, thinking that bunny ears are the perfect camouflage, they are riding in on blocks with their street gang colors and collective rapper names yo!



"Spring Peepers" by the fabulous Chris Beck




"Jackrabbit" 6"x6" oil on hardboard panel by Jelaine Faunce

7 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Perfect Pablo! Those little toughies really have hearts of marshmallow... :)

The ears on the peeps leave me smiling and I love the lighting you used.

I love Chris's peeper in the peep box. Inspired, though I don't envy completing the background!

Here's to many more peeps challenges!

RH Carpenter said...

These are wonderful, Pablo! So glad you and your "gang" decided to share again this year.

Carol Blackburn said...

Love them both, Pablo....such creativity.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Exquisite technique married to unexpected content! I think you might be on to something here. More! More!

Pablo Villicaña Lara said...

I'm so glad you're smiling and getting a little laugh with our paintings. It is just as fun to make you all smile as it is to paint them and honestly, I had so many ideas for this challenge it was hard to pick one. I'm just going to have to do more, Easter or not! Thank you all for your kind comments! :0)

Anonymous said...

Pablo, your work still makes me smile. Great concept with the blocks.

Pablo Villicaña Lara said...

Thank you John, glad your get my humor! :0)